Trying to establish a good workflow for publishing some of my projects.
- Already had Emacs installed.
- Tried to use
org-modebut support was poor.
- Installed Hugo using homebrew on mac and go get on Linux.
- Added a theme as a submodule.
- Spent time understanding how Hugo and themes work.
- Found https://languagetool.org and installed Emacs extension langtool. This is a great tool for checking your posts.
It’s certainly very useful to have
$ hugo serve
running while you are writing as your browser updates each time you save.
To create a post I do
$ hugo new blog/post-name.md
- git commit.
- git push.